Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Purification

'Tis the season for colds, germs, and stuffy houses. If my babies wouldn't freeze their little noses off, I would open the windows for some fresh air! In the mean time, I use Purification. This is an essential oil blend containing 6 oils: Citronella, Lemongrass, Lavandin, Rosemary, Tea Tree, and Myrtle. Purification cleanses and disinfects the air and neutralizes odors. Like most oils, you can use it three ways: apply, diffuse, inhale.
    Purification can be directly applied to your skin or diluted with a carrier oil, such as olive or coconut. So if you need to disinfect/cleanse cuts, scrapes, spider bites, or stings, simply put a couple drops onto a cotton ball and apply directly. I have also massaged Purification with coconut oil into the skin between my thumb and pointer finger, and on the pads of my feet. These places are directly connected to your sinuses and the quickest way I have found relief from a stuffy nose/sinuses.
    I love my diffuser. And this winter, Purification has probably seen it the most. Now that my 3 year old goes to preschool, we not only have our own germs, but also those from the other children he is with for the day. My favorite place to diffuse Purification is in the living room. We all spend a lot of time there and it's the main coming and going area. I diffused it for the first time when my 3 year old was developing a cold and quite congested. I'm not going to lie, I was pretty grossed out with the outcome... From breathing the air in the room where Purification was being diffused, his congestion lessened and everything loosened up and came out of his nose. Ew. I won't go into the detail of what it looked like or how often we blew his nose unless you ask ;)
    Inhalation. I absolutely love how you can benefit from the oils by simply breathing. Rubbing a couple drops between your palms and cupping your hands over your nose while you take deep breaths clears sinuses and kills some germs along the way. This may just be me, but I feel like it also perks up my senses and clears my head :)

1 comment: