Thursday, February 20, 2014

Frankincense

I'm a practical girl, so if one product can serve many uses, you have my attention! Frankincense is one of my favorite oils for this reason. So I would like to share a few ways I enjoy it's benefits.

Frankincense has been here for a long time. In fact, it was given to Jesus as a gift when he was born. Since ancient times, Frankincense has been used in many religious ceremonies, and is still used in some churches today, which I think is pretty interesting. Because of its natural mood uplifting abilities, I often diffuse Frankincense in my living room. This oil has proven itself to be the fastest way to calm and balance my emotions. What if I'm on the go and don't have time to diffuse and enjoy? Twist the cap off and take some deep breaths. You can have the same benefit without actually using the oil. -Which is something I love about essential oils. And since Frankincense is among the pricier oils, I love that I'm able to benefit from it without worrying about using it up quickly.

(A little secret: even though visiting relatives can be great, I'm going to be honest and say it can also cause stress. So often I will toss my frankincense in the diaper bag so I have it when I need it :)

Frankincense has an excellent rejuvenating effect on skin through its ability to repair skin cells so I began using it on my breakout-prone face. After washing my face at night, I use one drop of Frankincense with a couple drops of olive oil and give myself a little face massage. After a couple weeks I noticed the wrinkles around my eyes were less noticeable. My complexion is brighter & if I break out, it is cleared up quickly. Although, since using the oils, especially Progessence Plus, I hardly break out anymore, which is awesome.

Do your joints get sore when the weather changes? Or do you have arthritis? Frankincense can really improve the bodys ability to manage inflammatory. When applied topically, Frankincense can sooth sore muscles, alleviate the discomfort of wounds, injuries, or pain. Simply use a drop or two and massage with a carrier oil (i.e. coconut or olive oil) into the area you need inflammation relief. It can even be used for relief of menstrual cramps. Add a couple drops to your bath and it can not only ease your cramps, but it supports your hormone system as a whole. Because of Progessence Plus and Frankincense, I no longer dread that time of the month. I feel like I have more days in the month now that I don't experience hormone headaches, cramps, or PMS. If you struggle with any of these and are looking for answers, I would love to show you how things can change :)


No comments:

Post a Comment