Thursday, January 20, 2011

Four Christmas's


Have you seen the movie? I didn't think it was very good. Anyway...among many other firsts, this year was Jacob's first Christmas! And he got to experience it four times! Let me explain:

  • Christmas #1 - One week before Christmas my Grandma passed away. She lived in northern Illinois. Jacob and I took a road trip up there with my sisters for her funeral. It was nice to see relatives. While we were there we stayed a few days at my parents house near Milwaukee. (the only person missing was James :( He stayed home to work.) And that is where Jacob opened his first Christmas present! 
  • Christmas #2 - Our second one was on Christmas day back at the house. It felt slightly odd since my parents weren't there, it was only James, myself, Jacob, and my three sisters. 
  • Christmas #3 - Later that day, we went over to the in-laws. I think that was James' favorite part about Christmas...because he got to enjoy his moms famous potato salad :) Grandma & Grandpa Lord gave Jacob the cutest stuffed dog wearing a santa hat & holding a stocking.
  • Christmas #4 - Everyone made it for this one! Dad, Mom, Lisa, Sharon, Julie, James, me, & Jacob, & Kita :) By the time we were all together it was New Year's Eve, but that just meant we had a whole weekend together. 


Christmas in Milwaukee, WI

Jacob's 1st gift: from Aunt Julie

Sharon gave him the onsie. It says, "All mommy wants for Christmas is a silent night"

James got my Beauty and the Beast!



Jacob's new favorite toy: a Batmobile from Daddy!

siblings & cousins at Grandpa's

Jacob meeting Great Grandpa for the 1st time!

our Christmas ham Lisa made

No comments:

Post a Comment