Friday, September 24, 2010

Just Keep Swimming...

    Occasionally my husband has to travel for work. I usually go with him and we get to spend some extra time together. Then while he is working I'm on my own. But that wasn't the case this time! A few days ago James had a conference that he was going to be the "tech guy" for. So I packed our bags! This time, I would have Jacob for company while Daddy was working :-) 


    Jacob had a lot of firsts on this trip! It was his first time staying in a hotel & we stayed in a Holiday Inn. It was HUGE. Our room was great & they gave us a crib for Jacob that, well, wasn't so great. He didn't have much room to move around in it because it was barely bigger than he was. And when he would roll over, his legs would get stuck between the slats! (I should have snapped a photo, it was quite funny; but I was also worried!) I guess it was a good thing that our room had two beds, because at 2am Jacob was through with the crib & upgraded to a comfy bed. With me on one side of the bed and pillows on the other, he was safe & slept great the rest of the night! 

I love how he's wearing Nemo!
    When we arrived Wednesday, James had some equipment to set up & then was free until the next morning.   So we grabbed dinner at Krieger's, the restaurant attached to the hotel and talked about the day as people walked by smiling at Jacob :-) Afterwards, we got ready for the pool! I was so excited when I found out there was going to be a pool where we would be staying! So I went to the store and got Jacob some Little Swimmer's for the special occasion :-) In case you're not aware of what Little Swimmer's are...they're like waterproof diapers that don't swell up when they get wet. I wondered what Jacob was going to think of the pool. Was he going to think it was one big bath? Because he absolutely LOVES bath time! (and he always laughs when I wash behind his legs!) Or was he going to freak out & scream like I've seen other babies do before? Well, not much to my surprise, Jacob really enjoyed the pool! He was smiling a lot and kept staring at the water. We had so much fun with him! One time in the pool just wasn't enough, so we returned promptly the next morning :-)




                     

Seconds after Jacob was wrapped up all warm & cozy
he fell asleep :-)



1 comment:

  1. Wow!Sounds like you all had a fun mini-vacation! Jacob is a little fish! Love you all, Mom

    ReplyDelete