Thursday, April 3, 2014

Beauty in the Storms


I absolutely love thunderstorms. There's something peaceful about listening to the fierce wind and surging rain. People can manipulate and control many things, but they don't have command over the weather. And there's nothing I can do to change it either. So when it's storming outside, I find it easy to enter a state of calm. I find myself sinking in to the unpredictable beauty of the storm. I am free to rest. Free to be still and relax.

Until the mud dries up. Then I better get out of my tranquil trance. Because chances are I was actually spacing out and my boys are probably running around naked. And because I also love beautiful weather; being outside and going on picnics. And I am excited for many more of these days to come this spring with my family.


No comments:

Post a Comment