Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Our 2nd Anniversary!


    May 30, 2009. I can't believe it's been 2 years! Where has the time gone? In many ways, the past two years has gone by super fast. But when we stop to think about it, a lot has really happened!


• After only 3 months of marriage, we found out   we were expecting!
• Our child was due on our 1st anniversary!
• James got a new job & we moved twice.
• I started watching a little girl about Jacob's age.


    I'll save other details for when I write Jacob's 1st birthday blog :) so for now, here are some photos from our anniversary trip! My sister Lisa watched Jacob for 4 days & James and I had a mini-vacation! Jacob absolutely loves Lisa. Just the sound of her voice makes him giggle :)
    We stayed at a Hilton in St. Louis. Our itinerary was just to relax, have fun, and go places or do fun things we hadn't done together before :)
And that we did!

 One of our first stops:
Laumeier Sculpture Park

 Ever since I heard of this place I wanted to go!
All of the sculptures were scattered around a large park with 
walking paths throughout it. 

 This was one of my favorites! I don't remember what its
name is, but I liked walking around it and the feeling I got when 
I walked underneath the big cylinders of metal!

 One day we got a tour of the Anheuser-Busch brewery. It was a lot
bigger inside than I had expected! 

 Everything about the landscaping was absolutely beautiful!
There were fountains, flowers, plants everywhere.

 Our tour guide explained the process of making beer; 
which takes a LOT longer
than it does for people to drink it! 
We saw the bottling & canning sites also.
At the end each person could sample 3 flavors of beer
of their choice. 
After sampling many, James & I decided we don't really
care for the taste of beer.
However, the tour was great!

Batman!
Here we are at:
Hurricane Harbor Water Park

 Another stop was Six Flags, St. Louis!
James & I had never been there together and were ready to have fun!
I talked James into going on the Batman roller-coaster as soon as we got there!
Once we had our share of rides, we visited Hurricane Harbor Water Park & got even more sunburnt...
(I still don't know why neither one of us thought to bring along sunscreen)

All said and done, we had a fun, relaxing, adventurous little vacation :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment